Facilities Maintenance Technician I
The basic function of the Facilities Maintenance Technician I at Episciences, Inc, is to perform diversified duties to install, trouble shoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and productive maintenance systems and processes. The Facilities Maintenance Technician I is responsible for general facilities maintenance and upkeep including, but not limited to, production facilities, lunchroom, bathroom and office maintenance and cleaning, landscaping services, cleaning services and other facilities requirements as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair production machines and all company facilities and equipment, including emergency/unscheduled maintenance and repair, as well as scheduled.
- Maintain inventory of consumables for Production and full company facilities, including but not limited to restrooms, breakrooms, lightbulbs, lab supplies, etc.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities. Provide precise and updated data entry into Maintenance Logbooks.
- Perform a variety of electrical, plumbing, maintenance and carpentry functions for the production facilities and full company facilities including, but not limited to, office, breakroom, and bathroom facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to the supervisor.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Comply with any other job-related functions assigned by the supervisor.
- Requirements for the Facilities Maintenance Technician I position are, at minimum, a High School Diploma.
- Inter-office communication skills and general administrative duties are necessary. Experience in maintaining proper and accurate inventory records and files including data entry, Maintenance logs, SOP creation, and updating files, records and logbooks as required.
- Must have a high level of organizational skills, trouble shooting skills and be able to work under pressure within time constraints. Must be self-motivated and able to follow directives precisely.
- Ability to compute business math formulas and to enter data into the PC software are required.
- The sense of sight (corrected to normal range), speech –English, have full range of body motion, including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity, and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time to store, retrieve, package, and ship products.
- The physical requirements include walking and standing nearly one hundred percent (100%) of the time, as well as occasionally lifting 40 – 50 lbs.
Most of the time will be spent in an open room area, with significant amounts of noise, limited ability to control the temperature, and may include unpleasant extremes of heat and cold (seasonal).
Work hours will generally be from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, allowing for one (1) fifteen-minute break in the am and one (1) fifteen-minute break in the pm, and one (1) half hour lunch break. Occasionally work may require longer hours.
- Competitive wages
- Full time position Monday – Friday
- Company-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverages
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Paid holidays (minimum of 11 per calendar year)
Pay: $14.00 – $18.00 per hour
Qualified candidates can send resume and cover letter to [email protected]