Regional Sales Manager- Western Region
A Regional Sales Manager is responsible for leading the domestic Account Executives (AE) within their designated region to meet or exceed company goals for profitable revenue growth within each AE’s assigned territory. A Regional Sales Manager may also be directly responsible for an assigned geographic territory or specifically named account as deemed necessary by the company. A Regional Sales Manager will provide management direction for the AE’s under his or her supervision, and will ensure company policies, guidelines and objectives are followed and met.
- Requires three years of sales management experience in a medium size ($1,000,000/year volume plus) sales organization, preferably in the health or personal care industry.
- Ability to manage sales activities within the assigned region i.e. establishing, developing and growing sales force, training and growing the volume of sales, presenting technical and product information to sales team as well as prospective and existing accounts, interact with highly specialized medical professionals including physicians. Proficient knowledge of business PC, Microsoft Office with Excel spreadsheets. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, including travel to regularly visit corporate office and designated accounts as well as regularly visit AE’s and their accounts throughout the assigned region. Must be capable of effectively organizing, managing and assigning priorities to all sales & sales management related activities and report progress in a timely manner to the VP of Domestic Sales.
Functions & Duties
- With the guidance of the VP of Domestic Sales, Select, develop, manage and coach a professional sales team of AE’s with the assigned region to meet or exceed specific goals for profitable revenue growth.
- With VP of Domestic Sales, develop and implement annual sales and growth plans by AE and by key account within the assigned region.
- Review at least monthly, with each AE within assigned region, their performance to budget and goal to encourage and coach them to find success
- Implement the company’s sales process to establish a culture of consultative selling to account’s decision-makers at all levels.
- Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts within assigned region.
- Explore, pursue and acquire new qualified large scale / key retailers for the company’s products within the assigned region according to predetermined goals and objectives.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all sales activities of self and AE team within assigned region.
- Coach AE’s within assigned region to build effective staff relationships that enable them to respond quickly to emerging opportunities, and provide for seamless execution of the company’s business processes that exceed account’s expectations.
- With guidance from the VP of Domestic Sales, establish a planned program for sales coaching within assigned region, working with AE’s on all aspects of the sales process. Makes coaching sales calls with AE’s to provide feedback, and to assist with large opportunities. Travels extensively to meet accounts and to coach AE’s within assigned region.
- Perform all and any other duties as needed or required to maintain and grow profitable business within the assigned region.
- Competitive wages
- Full time position during normal business hours Monday – Friday
- Company-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverages
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Paid holidays (minimum of 11 per calendar year)
Qualified candidates can send resume and cover letter to [email protected]